Our Holdich organ is of great historic importance and value and has been awarded an Historic Organs Certificate by the British Institute of Organ Studies.
It is one of only 50 remaining such organs and is largely in original condition but is need of major restoration and refurbishment to secure its future.
It was built it in 1865 for St Andrew’s Church in Bridewell Alley, Norwich and was moved to Upton in 1904. Little is known of the circumstances of the move or who paid the £120 purchase price, but it is known that the head teacher of Upton School gave the opening recital!
In 2005 a group of local people set up St Margaret’s Church Upton Organ Restoration & Discovery Project to raise funds amongst the local community, schools and lovers of church organ music to renovate and restore the Holdich organ so that it can be enjoyed for generations to come.
You'll find the organ at St. Margaret's Church, Church Road, Upton, Norfolk NR13 6AN.